Recipe – Organic Cheese and Tuna Fusilli (81p/Person)
I intend for this recipe to be as helpful as possible and to also provide a few helpful tips along the way. Right.. let’s go!
- Serves 1 (multiply ingredients by the number of mouths that need feeding..)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cooking Time: 10 mins
- Difficulty: Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy
- A balanced meal with carbs, protein and fat all in one dish.
Ingredients (Cost 81p Per Person):
- 75g Organic Wholewheat Fusilli – 15p (£1 for 500g from Tesco)
- 3g (1/2 Level Teaspoon) Sea Salt – about 2p (89p from Aldi for 110g)
- 100g (1/2 Tin) Tuna Chunks in Spring Water – 45p (from Lidl)
- 30g Organic Medium Cheddar – approx. 19p (Currently £1.59 for 250g from Lidl)
- Tin opener
- Cheese Grater
- Weigh out approx. 75g of fusilli per person into a clean pan and cover with water. Set to a medium-high heat to ensure it cooks nicely and quickly. Add salt to taste (not too much). Cook until the fusilli is soft yet firm (to your liking), this should take between 10-15 minutes. Stit occasionally, to ensure the fusilli does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- When cooked, drain the excess water away and dish up the fusilli on a plate or bowl.
- Add 1/2 a tin of tuna (per person) and approx. 30g of grated cheese (per person) and mix well (for an even distribution).
Hopefully I have managed to show you it doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg to eat delicious organic food everyday and not just as a one-off.
Feel free to comment below if you have tried recipe and if the recipe was easy to follow. That would be much appreciated. If you have any tips for me, please also let me know. Thank you in advance!
Here are some of my other posts which you may find intriguing:
- The Pescetarian Diet – What is it?
- Dare To Be – Short Motivational Video
- My 5 Top Tips on How to be a Savvy Shopper
- Homemade Fish Pie Recipe
‘My aim is to help the world in any way I can. Awareness is the first step to positive change. That’s what I am trying to achieve with my blogs’ ~ Robyn Elms, I n x i t e Blogger (Insta: @robynelms, Twitter: @iamrobynelms)
Disclaimer: I am a blogger and do not consider myself to be an expert on the topics I talk about. All of the information provided in my blogs are heavily researched by myself before publication; however they should not be considered accurate. This blog is intended to provide insight to my readers, share my honest opinions and help raise awareness of the topic of the post. The information should not be acted upon or relied on, and if it is; I shall not be held liable for any negative impact experienced by the reader as a result.
I recommend that you use my blogs as a reference point to conduct your own research, in order to make informed opinions on these thought-provoking topics. If you think I have missed out crucial information or you have stumbled across something you think may be of interest to me, please get in touch by leaving a comment or writing to me at email@example.com. Thank you.
Prices correct at the time of publication.